Many troubles come along with pregnancy and one that is also very annoying is horrible acne appearing on your face. Pregnancy acne are caused by the increase of hormones in the body. Such amount of hormones going through your body causes your skin to produce more natural oils. This results in inflammation of your pores and skin and break outs.The hormones increase the most during the first trimester. If you don’t develop acne during first three months, it’s unlikely to have them later on. Fortunately, acne subside once hormones reach normal levels again.
Pregnancy acne problem
Not every pregnant woman is prone to pregnancy acne problem. However, if you have a history of acne appearing on your skin or you had them during your menstrual cycle, it is very likely you will be having them while you’re pregnant. Acne can be mild, moderate or even severe and there’s nothing much you can do about it. Since you’re pregnant, any of the prescription acne medication or various chemical spot treatments may do your baby harm or even cause birth defects. You’re left with advice regarding more natural skin treatments. In either way, consult your doctor or your midwife for possible solutions before experimenting with anything.
There are some home remedies and tricks you can try to keep your skin stay clean and moisturized, reducing the infection,inflammation or gravity of acne problem.
- Try washing your face twice a day with some mild soap
- Use an oil-free moisturizer for your skin
- If you use makeup, rather use water-based products and make sure you wash your face thoroughly before sleep
- Drink more water. It helps your body to get rid of secretions that cause acne by diluting them. Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. It’s not entirely acne cure, but it is definitely related to it
- Avoid over-cleansing. It can only do damage to your skin if you irritate it too much
- Change your pillowcases frequently. Since your face is prone to acne, it is better to keep filth off your face as much as you can
- Keep your hands off your face and rather use earbuds than holding a cellphone against the face
- Avoid picking or squeezing your pores or pimples. This will only cause more inflammation, spread infection or even leave you with scars on your face
- Try squeezing lemon juice in a cup and then soaking Q tips in it and applying it directly to your acne. Do this every morning and every evening before going to bed
- Using aloe vera gel is known to be helpful for acne and it’s completely natural
Pregnancy-induced acne is a problem which more than half of pregnant women experience. Not being able to use professional medication due to possible harmful results for the unborn baby, leaves women with fewer options to take care of acne. Researching about possible solutions is the best option and some of them may even do some help. The only comfort is that once pregnancy comes to an end, pregnancy acne problem will also disappear as quick as it appeared.[amazon-related-products keywords=”pregnancy acne”]